Central Park South: Peregrine Falcons
Shortly after I arrived Donna showed up to check in on the falcons. No Peregrine was in view at the time & neither the male nor the female showed up during the 2 hours we were there.
I arrived around 6:30pm at the Gapstow Bridge site. Unfortunately, we can only assume that the female was on nest & the male traded places with the female before we arrived.
Click image for larger version
Highlights: no falcons were seen while we were there.• When I arrived no falcons were spotted on any of the usual perches or any of the unusual perches.
• Six Canada Goose goslings approached us on the lawn west of Gapstow Bridge. Both adults were attending the brood. The difference between the adult's white chin straps is noticeable.
• The observing session started out sunny & proceeded towards occasional drizzle. The winds were out of the east yet again.
• Peregrine Falcon updates — 2006: 13-Apr, 21-Apr, 24-Apr, 26-Apr, 28-Apr, 30-Apr, 4-May, 5-May, 6-May, 7-May, 9-May, 11-May, 12-May, 13-May, 14-May, 16-May, 17-May, 18-May, 19-May, 21-May, 22-May, 23-May, 31-May
• Earliest Peregrine Falcon Nest in N.Y.C.?
• Behavior of Peregrine Falcons in the N.Y.C. Region
by Richard A. Herbert & Kathleen Green Skelton Herbert
• Obs. of Duck Hawks Nesting on Man-made Structures
by Horace Groskin