Sunday, December 03, 2006

Moving Blog to Blogger Beta

It's a good time to move to Blogger Beta since it will allow me to incorporate features that I find helpful in developing a working blog i.e. labels.

I have done extensive testing on a new blogger template that incorporates hacks developed by others. I've adapted it to have a fluid design which expands and contracts based on the users monitor resolution.

Here are some things to look for:

  1. It is now a 3 column blog with a left and right sidebar.
  2. The blog is 'fluid'. If you minimize the window you'll see the columns adjust. This works for monitor resolutions greater than 800px wide.
  3. My favorite feature is LABELS. I've added a few. You can test them by clicking any of the 3 images under 'MULTI-STYLE LABELS' in the left sidebar. Each is a different style: an alphabetized list, a drop-down menu & a cloud-like list relating font-size to the number of entries.
  4. Choose one of the labels and it'll bring you to another nice feature called 'peek-a-boo posts'. Each post will display only the title with a [+/-] for expanding and collapsing.
  5. Both this post & the post 'Central Park: Looking South 9-Nov' have 'Read More...' at the bottom of the posts. Click 'Read More ...' to ... read more. This is more elegant than the old way.
  6. At the bottom you can 'Collapse...' the post and it will bring you to the top of the entry again. A nice set of hacks I found on the web.
Credits:

Let me know what you think.

0 Comments: