Thursday, November 16, 2006

Blogger Beta: NavBar Missing

I can see the navigation bar at the top of the blog when I preview the template but it disappears when I view the blog directly. My browser is Firefox version 1.5.0.8. If anyone knows how to get the navbar back this would be much appreciated!

Ed said...
If by navigation bar you mean the thingy at the top that says Search Blog / Flag Blog / Next Blog etc, it's still there when viewed in IE6.

Ed, thanks for the feedback. Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I just loaded IE6 and it also doesn't display the navbar. Must be something with my PC. I can see it when I preview. Go figure.

Thanks again.


5 Comments:

Ed said...

If by navigation bar you mean the thingy at the top that says Search Blog / Flag Blog / Next Blog etc, it's still there when viewed in IE6.

Robert said...

It's there in Firefox 2 ona Mac.

Tag said...

ok - i'll be the curve ball.
I haven't upgraded yet.
~% D peter

Ben C. said...

rbs,

Thanks for the tip. I just upgraded to Firefox 2.0 and that didn't fix the problem with the navbar. Now that I know that it can be seen by others but not me should help narrow down the problem.

Blogger beta has some nice features. I especially like the labels/categories that can be applied to each post. I am working on a test site with *3* columns to work out the bugs before upgrading this site.

Even though it is technically in blogger beta I haven't converted the template yet to get the full functionality for this blog.

Peter,

I'll be the guinea pig ;^D

Robert said...

"Blogger beta has some nice features. I especially like the labels/categories that can be applied to each post."

Speaking of which, if you want to link to just the birds/hawks related posts on my blog, and ignore the rest... well, now you can.