Below is a table of abundance charts based on data submitted to eBird.org. The data is arranged by location, by month and by season.
When the location name in the left column is clickable this will bring up a page of 2011 arrivals showing the latest arrivals first. This feature does not work for multiple locations i.e. counties or hotspots
|Table updated on Sun., 2-December-2012 at 5:15p
NYS/NYC | Queens | Kings | Richmond | NY Co. | Bronx | LI | Westchester
You can create your own abundance charts by following these steps:
- Go to eBird.org & select the "View and Explore Data" tab
- Select "Bar Charts" then "Select a Region" i.e. "United States"
- Select a State i.e. New Jersey (click in the box & type the 1st letter to navigate), choose between "Entire Region", up to 15 "Counties", any number of "Hot Spots" or up to 3 "Bird Conservation Regions"
- For this exercise select "Entire Region" & click "Continue"
This will display a Bar Chart of all species reported for the full year. The current number for N.J. is 444 species.
Clicking on any of the species names will bring up a map showing yellow icons for sightings less than 30 days old & red for older than 30 days.
Selecting "Change Date" or "Change Location" will allow you to create any of the charts below.
• 26-Dec-2011: MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD added to the 2011 list. Seen along Route 25A near Hulse Landing Road in Suffolk County.
• 27-Nov-2011: LITTLE GULL added to the 2011 list. Seen at the Jacob Riis Park Pavillion in Queens County.