The marker descriptions relate to a recent outing to Staten Island's Great Kills Park on Saturday, January 20th. The experience was completely unexpected. I didn't realize there was a place like this so accessible from Manhattan. Needless to say it was good day!
Here's a link to the original report submitted to eBirds NYC. Public transportation was used to get to the site. We took the Staten Island Ferry to the S78 bus from ramp D.
- The zoom feature (+/-) works and the map is draggable.
- The choice between street map, satellite view & hybrid of satellite with street overlay is active.
- Click on markers for descriptions. To clear the box click on the map or click on another marker.
- Double click on map to center location.
- Google Maps API with addl links incl. documentation
- Mike Williams — Google Maps API Tutorial
- GMapEZ — Google Maps the easy way